The Arke position limit switch by TER is a sturdy and reliable switch designed for controlling the movement of overhead traveling cranes, hoists, and complex machine tools. It is particularly suitable for use in harsh operating conditions.
Applications for the Arke Position Limit Switch
The Arke switch has several features that make it ideal for these applications, including:
- Rugged construction: The Arke switch is made from high-quality materials, including aluminum or stainless-steel rods and a thermoplastic enclosure. This makes it resistant to impact, vibration, and corrosion.
- IP65, IP66, and IP67 protection: The Arke switch is sealed against dust and water, making it suitable for use in outdoor and indoor environments.
- Positive opening NC contacts: The Arke switch has positive opening NC contacts, which means that the switch will open even if the actuator is jammed or damaged. This is an important safety feature for applications where the switch is used to prevent accidents.
- Mechanical life of 2 million operations: The Arke switch is designed to last, with a mechanical life of 2 million operations. This means that it can withstand heavy use in demanding applications.
- Extreme temperature resistance: The Arke switch can operate in temperatures ranging from -53°C to +80°C, making it suitable for use in a wide range of environments.
The Arke switch is available with various actuator options, including single rod, rod with roller, cross rods, and T-rods. This allows the switch to be used in a wide range of applications.
How to Use Position Limit Switches
Here are some examples of how the Arke position limit switch can be used:
- To limit the travel of an overhead crane
- To prevent a hoist from lifting too high
- To stop a machine tool from running if a component is not in the correct position
- To signal to a control system that a machine has reached a certain point in its cycle
The Arke position limit switch is a versatile and reliable switch that is ideal for use in a wide range of demanding applications.
A typical Arke contact diagram shows each contact’s condition for each position of the windmill arms. An example is given below for the F201110016 switch, which has four maintained positions in 90-degree increments and can freely rotate in either direction. NO/NC contacts alternate conditions in each position.
Staggered NC contacts can also be used, which will positively identify the rotation position of the arms.
To find more information on the Arke position limit switch and the other limit switches that Springer Controls offers, contact us!